Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Our Shiputzim General Theory of Pesach Cleaning

In a comment to this post, Raizy wondered:

“Now why did you have to go and ruin such a nice post with the words ‘Pesach cleaning’?!”

She raises a perfectly valid point, of course.

And normally, I wouldn’t mention such an unpleasant matter. But the thing is – blogging about cleaning is part and parcel of my new and innovative approach to preparing for Pesach.

Here’s the basic outline*:

Stage IDenialTu B’Shvat - Purim
Stage IITalking and blogging about cleaning in lieu of doing anything constructiveShushan Purim - A week before Pesach
Stage IIIPanickingA week before Pesach – Erev Pesach

If you think about it, you’ll realize that it’s a brilliant system. After all, there’s very little actual cleaning involved…

___________

* Results may vary. The Our Shiputzim management is neither responsible nor liable for any and all undesirable outcomes. Void where prohibited.

12 comments:

  1. Excellent system! You have my endorsement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raizy - Thanks! I really think that this approach has the potential to be the wave of future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds familiar. You're a girl after my own heart.

    ps and don't forget that dirt and dust aren't chametz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Batya - don't forget that dirt and dust aren't chametz.
    I'm a big believer in this principle!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stomach hurts. I think I'm going for a walk. Even the talk is anxiety-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leora - Hmm. You seem to be combining two stages. But the whole beauty of this plan is that there's really no need to feel any stress whatsoever at this point. After all, stress isn't scheduled to set in until Stage III...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only ~23 more cleaning days till Pesach...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jameel - /*puts fingers in ears*/ La, la, la. I can't hear you... That is, unless you meant 23(hex) or, better yet, 23(base-32)...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh- I totally subscribe to this one! Thanks!
    Oh, and I linked to you:http://israelchronicles.blogspot.com/2009/03/countdown-commences.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. NMF #7 - Thanks for the link. I'm heading over to your blog right now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. At which stage do you actually get ready? Doesn't seem to be anywhere in your schedule. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baila - Shavua tov!
    I admit that there MAY still be a few glitches in the system. After all, it's brand new. But IMHO, "No Time For Actual Cleaning" is a feature, not a bug...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.