Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Shavuot 5771

The cheesecake is in the oven*, and so now’s the perfect time to sit back and enjoy these two classic Israeli Shavuot songs:

“Saleinu Al Kteifeinu”

The lyrics are available here.

“Shibolet BaSadeh”

The lyrics are available here, and an English translation is available here.

!חג שבועות שמח

_________

* Not to show off or anything – well, not TOO much, anyway… - but BA”H, the entire Shiputzim family made it all the way through Sefirat HaOmer with a brachah. How about you? Did you earn your cheesecake? :-)

6 comments:

  1. How did you manage that?? The female part of our family made it till about the middle of the 3rd week with a bracha which is generally par for the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the music clips. Made me want to rush right out to the fields with my basket and collect wheat. Then I remembered that I live in Brooklyn. Oh, well.
    Hope you have a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your family; I only managed the first 2 weeks with the brachah (unlike last year where I never forgot). Still my cheesecake is in the oven too!
    Chag Sameach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Belogski - I usually find that the first week or two - until one gets into a routine - are the hardest. In any event, I get no credit. BA"H, YZG (aka "Mr. S.") is very good about reminding the rest of us....

    SuperRaizy - Then I remembered that I live in Brooklyn.
    That's just a minor detail... :-)

    Ilana-Davita - What kind of cheesecake did you make? I hope you had a wonderful chag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ate by G6 on Shavous her chhesecake was out of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YW - her cheesecake was out of the world.
    I'm not surprised to hear that! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.