Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shanah tovah

Shavua tov and shanah tovah!*

Thanks to the amazing Shiputzim kids [including the CTO, who came home after the fast (schlepping his giant laundry-stuffed backpack, of course) - just in time to help out], our succah was up by 9:00 last night. </obnoxious boasting>

Meanwhile, after a [not exactly] strenuous three months weeks of school, most yeshiva high schools and ulpanot across the country started their Succot vacations this morning. {rubs hands gleefully at the thought of willing, er, well, at least, able slave labor}

All this is to say that now’s the perfect time to sit back and read the latest Haveil Havalim, available here. Special thanks to Chaviva for including my “you say klassair, I say tikiyah” post.

_____

*My apologies to those of you who came here last week looking for my usual brilliant insights insignificant drivel. I had a whole pre-YK post written… in my head, but time constraints prevented me from getting around to typing it up. I guess you’ll just have to wait until Erev Yom Kippur 5772 IY”H to read it… :-)

6 comments:

  1. Your sukkah is up already? At our house we got as far as remembering where we stored it last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. " had a whole pre-YK post written" - oh, write it up and publish it now! Then think how easy it will be to re-post next year.

    I hope our sukkah is going up now...I am proud to say I will have nothing to do with it until it is ready for decorating. I'm off to the kitchen, because this Jewish family must be so hungry, right? I'm going to try an oatmeal cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in awe that your sukkah is up already! boast a way, lady. boast away. you so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miriyummy and Minnesota Mamaleh - I don't get any of the credit. The kids do all the work. (Putting our succah together isn't much harder than building something out of Lego...)

    Leora - I hope you'll post pictures of your new succah... and the cookie recipe too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No holidays here for the students before the end of October.
    I am sure you are very happy to have your son here with you all, even if it involves hosting his heavy laundry too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ilana-Davita - One of the amazing blessings of living in Israel is that vacations revolve around the Jewish calendar. And yes, it's BA"H wonderful to have him home!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.