Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Freshly Baked Goods Friday: Rosh Hashanah edition

The other night, the Resident Ulpanistit and I baked challah. As is the custom right before Rosh Hashanah, we made enough to separate challah with a brachah.

Here are the results of our efforts:

IMG_6289 

Another baked (or oven-cooked, to be more precise) Rosh Hashanah offering from the kitchen here in TRLEOOB* is tzimmes:

IMG_6296 IMG_6298The  recipe comes from last year's tzimmes post, which – oddly enough – still holds the Our Shiputzim record for greatest number of comments…

Finally, the entire staff wishes all our readers a wonderful, happy, healthy, and sweet new year.

לשנה טובה תכתבו ותחתמו

!לאלתר לחיים טובים ולשלום

___________

*TRLEOOB=the real life equivalent of our blog

4 comments:

  1. Ketiva vaChatima Tova!!!

    (And enjoy the challot :-)

    I think our resident ulpanistit will be baking challot tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shana tova...love your round challot. I suffered through making those in past years; I think I made them too big. This year I made lots of little round ones.

    Catch on the flip side of the hag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - gorgeous! We made (first time ever) chocolate chip chalot, and they were SO pretty, but we were so rushed that we didn't have a chance to photograph them... I guess we'll just have to do it again :)

    Shana Tova!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jameel - Aren't resident ulpanistiyot great? :-) Ours is busy preparing for her peulat petichah as a new madrichah. I suspect that the whole hadrachah thing will prove to be yet another excellent source of blog material...
    :-)

    Leora - I hope you had a wonderful Rosh Hashanah! How did your little challot come out?

    Toby - Thanks. Chocolate chip challot? Sounds delicious! Most of the kids aren't big fans of challah with raisins, but I'm sure they'd love challah with choc. chips...

    Tzom kal u'mo'il to all!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.