As you may (or may not) recall, a few weeks ago, I posted a list of the top 10 signs that your son is an IDF soldier.
But in the wake of recent events, I think it’s time to update the list.
Thus, the Our Shiputzim Editorial Board proudly presents:
Five MORE Signs That Your Son* Is an IDF Soldier
1) Your son spent the week of Operation Pillar of Defense hanging out along the Gaza border.
2) You spent the week of Operation Pillar of Defense being, well, very much aware that your son was hanging out along the Gaza border and the week after Operation Pillar of Defense comparing notes with parents of other IDF soldiers who had been hanging out along the Gaza border.
3) Although ultimately, you’re just as unimpressed by the current ceasefire as you were by the ceasefire that ended Operation Cast Lead, you notice that your views and opinions are more nuanced and less black and white than they were four years ago.
4) Your son reports that during the war, not only did the rations include the requisite canned corn, tunafish, chumus, and MREs (i.e. cham-gashiyot for the Hebraically-oriented amongst you) with schnitzel, but there also seemed to be plenty of Crembos to go around…
5) While doing the aforementioned hanging out, your son bumped into numerous friends, neighbors, former classmates, and assorted acquaintances. (In other words, he got a lot of points.) Clearly, the Gaza border was THE place to see and be seen…
P.S. In case you missed it, here’s the original top 10 list.