Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just call me Yente

Ah, the lengths we bloggers go for our craft!

{cue: dramatic sigh}

Take me, for instance.

I mean, sure, I could’ve continued to churn out my usual blogging fare – you know, things like Heblish, national parks, and so on – and no one would’ve complained. (Well, not TOO much, anyway…)

But instead of resting on my laurels, I decided that the time had come to take things to a whole new level.

To boldly go where no J-blogger had gone before.

To use my blogging powers for good.

To get my blog into the shidduch game.

And thus, I channeled my inner Yente…

…And deliberately caused my blogging world to collide head-on with my real life world.

My blogging friend relative G6 has all the details.

Mazal tov to the young couple and to their parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins – including, of course, those who now fall into more than one of the above categories!!

Open-mouthed smile

יהי רצון שתזכו לבנות בית נאמן בישראל!

9 comments:

  1. Yay!! Mazal tov!! I am so jealous...all my efforts have yet to get past a second date...
    Hope all your efforts go as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some things that cannot be done on-blog.
    Like give you a huge hug, look into your eyes and convey to you the gratitude that words cannot express.
    I look forward to this opportunity.
    May Hashem give you continued successes in all your endeavors.
    May we have many more simchas to blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly awesome.
    Mazal Tov to you and to G6!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mazal tov! I understand you've got a special place in heaven now reserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Malke - The second date was my previous track record as well! :-)

    G6 - Amen! May we indeed share many, many future smachot!

    SuperRaizy - Thanks!

    Imma - BA"H, I'm trying... ;-)

    Leora - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mazel Tov!

    It pays to be active on your ideas and not just say who am I or the odds are it will not work out so why bother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura - Thank you and shavua tov!

    YW - Very well said!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.