TSG had to write a position paper for school on the pros and cons of belonging to a youth group (i.e. a tnu’at no’ar, for the Hebraically-oriented amongst you).
She graciously offered to translate it into English so that I could post it here on Our Shiputzim.
Take it away, TSG!
Position Paper: Youth Groups
Written and translated by TSG
Here are some reasons for and against youth groups.
Reasons for youth groups:
- There are activities that you give you something to do when you’re bored.
- A youth group is megabeshet. That means that it brings everybody closer together.
- You learn different values.
- You get nice prizes and yummy candies.
Reasons against youth groups:
- There are trips that cost a lot of money.
- Sometimes you get tired, because you go to sleep late.
- Sometimes the activities are boring.
- Sometimes, in games where there are two teams, there could be arguments.
I have reasons for and against, but I think that it’s good to go to youth groups.
Thanks, TSG, and great job!