The Our Shiputzim Information Department proudly presents:
18 random bits of completely useless trivia
(1) My free copy of Kosher by Design: Teens and 20-Somethings arrived on Wednesday.
(2) I won it over at G6’s blog. (Thanks, G6!)
(3) Nepotism played no part - although G6 and I are related.
(4) Well, sort of, anyway. “Distantly connected” is probably a more accurate description…
(5) Security considerations prevent me from revealing the precise nature of our
relationship distant connection, but I can tell you that it involves at least two marriages and a number of second cousins. (Maybe I should change that to “very distantly connected”…)
(6) I have more Facebook friends than YZG does.
(7) I’m just saying…
(8) If this sounds familiar, it’s because way back when, I used to have more Facebook friends than YZG.
(9) But then he managed to accumulate about 30-40 more friends than me.
(10) Not that I cared, because it certainly wasn’t a competition.
(11) But for the record, he cheated.
(12) Because, seriously? Having three FB friends in common and being told by Facebook that you “may” know someone? That doesn’t mean that you actually do…
(13) But again, let me stress that I didn’t care, because it wasn’t a competition.
(14) YZG’s elementary and high school classes were apparently composed entirely of kids who grew up to become people who have nothing better to do with their time than search for former acquaintances whom they haven’t seen in over three decades.
(15) Yet, nevertheless, I was able to pull ahead of him again*.
(16) You see, I have a secret weapon.
(17) Two words: blogging friends. (Thanks, everybody!)
(18) Oh, and by the way, now that I’m ahead, it very much is a competition…
!שבת שלום ומבורך
*Actually, I’m only ahead by one. And since this is obviously too close for comfort, I turn to you, dear readers. If you haven’t yet done so, please do your part for
humanity the J-Blogosphere by befriending me… :-)