Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Fashion Friday: The shirt off his back edition

Does the following scenario sound familiar?

Mother: {sees that her son is about to leave} Hey, wait a minute! You can’t go to school in that shirt! Why don’t you wear one of those new shirts I got you?

Son: I’m saving them for when I outgrow this shirt.

Mother: You outgrew it a long time ago! And besides, it’s full of holes…

Son: {adopts a deceptively innocent tone} Holes? Where do you see holes?

Mother: {points} Um, there. And there. And also there, there, and there. Shall I continue?

Son: Ohhh! You mean THOSE holes! {shrugs} Don’t worry. No one will notice them.

Mother: {sarcastically} I noticed them.

Son: {brightly} Yeah, but you’re an imma, so you don’t count…

P.S. The mother in question would like her son’s teachers to know that it’s. not. her. fault…smile_teeth

!שבת שלום ומבורך

4 comments:

  1. Ummm...
    Are you my Flash's mother also? We just had that EXACT SAME conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that doesn't only happen in my house? Whew, what a relief :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are teen boys so attached to their clothes?

    My son also does not want to "let go" of shirts that are too small for him, nor see them on his brothers.

    I have to sneak them away when they come out of the laundry and hope he will not notice they are missing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raizy - Have you ever had the related discussion? You know, the one about wearing stained white Shabbat shirts to shul. ("What? It's just a tiny speck of chocolate frosting from dessert. What's the big deal?")
    :-)

    Toby - This is definitely one of those cases where misery loves company...
    :-)

    Keren - I have to sneak them away when they come out of the laundry and hope he will not notice they are missing.
    The only drawback to the fact that I usually have the kids fold and sort the clean laundry is that I don't get a chance to hide the old clothes...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.