Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

HH and Learning Torah with ACSC

Two unrelated items:

1) The latest edition of Haveil Havalim is available here. Special thanks to Phyllis for including my description of our trip to Caesarea.

2) Last night I was originally supposed to attend the blogger’s get-together in Petach Tikva.

However, instead, I ended up spending the evening learning Rashi on Parshat Breishit with a certain Shiputzim child (ACSC).

After we finished learning, ACSC graciously and sweetly thanked me and then added:

“Actually, Imma, it’s for your own good that you didn’t get to go to that blogging thing. Don’t you know that you’re not supposed to go to strangers’ houses? I mean, what would you have done if they’d offered you candy…”

smile_teeth

In any event, I really enjoyed our marathon learning session. Not only was it great to have an opportunity to learn the parsha, but ACSC always asks thought-provoking questions and has many intelligent insights to share.

So, thank you, ACSC, and shavua tov and chodesh tov to all!

5 comments:

  1. Shavua and chodesh tov! While I am sorry that I didn't get to read your report on the blogger's evening (I read MiI's and Robin's), I would love to hear some divrei Torah on the parsha. Maybe you'll share a little in an upcoming post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pity you didn't go. But nice you could spend some time with your son/daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leora - Good idea! And on a related note, maybe you can share some of the divrei Torah you heard over the bar mitzvah Shabbat.

    Ilana-Davita - Yes, it really was very nice. And I'm very proud to announce that ACSC aced the parshat shavua test we were studying for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baila - Thanks. I look forward to the next get-together!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.