Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

Fauna Friday: Chameleon edition

Look who what came to visit TRLEOOB the other day:

IMG_5858 Yes. This is a chameleon.

YZG and some of the Shiputzim children (i.e. not the ones who inherited MY genes) caught the chameleon and briefly put it into a box:

IMG_5835

After watching it run around the box for a few minutes, they took it out and let it scamper all over its newfound human friends:

IMG_5862IMG_5857 IMG_5841IMG_5854 IMG_5849Those of you who know me in real life won’t be surprised that there are no pictures of ME holding – or even going near – the chameleon…

After playing with it for a few more minutes, the kids finally said goodbye to their erstwhile pet and watched it scurry off into the bushes:

IMG_5866MAG claims that there’s a chameleon somewhere in this picture. Can you find it?

!שבת שלום ומבורך

________

P.S. As always, you can click on any of the pictures for a closer view.

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie. Somehow I thought chameleons were bigger than that. I guess if I saw them all the time, I would know, like I know about how big a cat is.

    My eyes would hurt if I tried to find the chameleon in the grass. I'll let someone younger try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leora - To be perfectly honest, none of us can see the chameleon in the last picture either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure! I just read about them recently, just can't remember where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Batya - Coincidentally, there was an article about chameleons in Friday's JPost.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment.