Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Fiction Friday: Challenging Edition

Recently, ACSD (=a certain Shiputzim daughter) had to write something about “challenges” for her school’s English newspaper.

Here’s her submission:

******

A Challenging Assignment

by ACSD

One day, my teacher told us to write a story about challenges for the school newspaper. It was a big challenge for me to think what to write.

I sat at my desk and thought what to write. I wrote and erased, wrote and erased. I crumpled up the paper and threw it out. I asked my mother, my father, my brothers, and my sisters for ideas, but they could not help me.

The deadline for the assignment was getting closer and closer, and I still had nothing. I wanted to write a story, but I did not even know where to start.

I moved to the computer room, but I had nothing to type. When I was lying in bed, I thought. On my way to school, I thought. During school, I thought. After school, I thought. But I still could not come up with an idea.

The night before the assignment was due, I stayed up late thinking. Finally, my mother said that I should go to sleep. I had no choice, and so I went to bed.

I realized that the next day, I would have no story about a challenge…

Winking smile

******

Great job, ACSD!

!שבת שלום ומבורך

2 comments:

  1. And she rose to the challenge! I like how she went to sleep when you said so. My daughter would have stayed up late and written after I had gone to sleep (which is what she did last night).

    I certainly find her essay descriptive, telling prose.

    Shabbat Shalom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leora - Your sweet comment made ACSD smile! Shabbat Shalom to you and your family!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment.