Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Fashion Friday: 1970 Edition

This past week marked the yahrzeit of my great-grandmother z”l, a valiant Holocaust survivor from Kovno, Lithuania, and an incredibly talented seamstress.

Here we are, admiring the latest in December 1970 fashion:

BOX72_A20-01As always, please click on the picture for a better view.

.יהי זכרה ברוך

May her memory be blessed, and may she be a meilitzat yosher for all her grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren, yblt”a.

!שבת שלום ומבורך

4 comments:

  1. Precious photo! Wonderful that she was part of your life. I wish I knew how to sew (more than the little I do).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leora - I wish I remembered her (she passed away just over a year after this picture was taken), but I'm very grateful that I have this beautiful picture. Shavua tov and chodesh tov!

      Delete
  2. "May her memory be blessed . . . " Amen! What a wonderful picture. She sounds like a remarkable woman.

    I have a dress that my grandmother made for me hanging in my daughter's closet (she is already to big for it, though). It is a simple shift dress, but she appliquéed balloons with strings on it. was from about the same era as the above picture. This brings back memories from my own childhood! I wish I had the skill my grandmother had in sewing, knitting, etc.

    Thank you for sharing this and Shabbat Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura - What a wonderful thing to have! I still have a jacket that my grandmother z"l made for me, and all the Shiputzim daughters wore it in turn. Shavua tov and chodesh tov!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment.